Wowww what a hectic few days! Very sad to not have had the time to write anything for Blogmas but very happy to have spent a few days with friends and family…hoping to be more consistent from here on.
So one thing I did manage to do was a little baking, and something quite simple but also quite Christmassy which I enjoyed doing…
- 110g/4oz butter or margarine
- 110g/4oz Caster Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 110g/4oz self raising flour
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Medium sized marshmallows (15-20)
- Writing Icing
- 225g (8oz) icing sugar
- 2-3tbsp warm water
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and line a 12-hole cake tin with paper cases.
- Cream butter and sieved sugar together until smooth.
- Beat in eggs and stir in vanilla extract.
- Fold in sieved flour until combined. (Stir in chocolate chips here)
- Spoon cakes into the cases.
- Bake for 15 mins, until the cakes are golden and spongy.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Decorate Marshmallows with writing icing (faces of your choice)
- Combine icing sugar with water (adding a little at a time) until a creamy consistency.
- Spread over cakes and stick on marshmallows.
- Leave icing to harden.
- Complete the snowman design.
My family and friends loved these! They’re also a very fitting representation of the melting snowmen in our garden (sadly our snow has now all gone 😦 ) but still hoping for a white Christmas…
I hope you enjoyed this simple yet fun recipe, it takes around an hour and a half in total to do and is great to do with friends, or children!
Did you have a go?