Hi everyone! So first of all Happy New Year! 2018 seemed to come around very quickly, and my first post of the year is an award which I am very excited about! I love posts like these because it’s so lovely to get to know other bloggers and really show support for one another.
I was nominated by the lovely Lauren from Bournemouth Girl, she has such a cute lifestyle blog and posts frequently, her content over Christmas was a lot of fun so please check out her blog. She also uses Twitter, and has done lots of posts and awards like this one which shows how supportive she is!
The rules to this tag are as follows…
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
- Nominate 11 bloggers and ask them 11 new questions
- Make sure if you accept and post the award, to have the logo and the rules listed
- What is one thing about blogging you love and one thing you hate?
I love the blogging community, because getting support and readership from like-minded people on content that you take the time to write and edit is really encouraging, plus it’s great for gaining inspiration and building friendships.
Hmmmm…hate is a difficult one for me as I am genuinely passionate about the things that I write, but if I had to choose then probably posting frequently. I’m really bad for leaving it a few months for university work!
- If you won millions on the lottery, what would you spend the money on?
Omigoshhhh now that would be nice! Well I would definitely give some to charity and friends and family, then probably a really nice car, huge house, and new wardrobe!! Oh, and lots of books and teabags!!
- When did you start blogging and what was your first post?
I started blogging about five years ago and I think my first post was about designing and making candles, but sadly deleted that blog which I hugely regret to have a fresh start. I definitely prefer this one but never delete a blog guys!
- Who are 4 of your favourite bloggers at the moment?
Ahhhhh so many!! These people have inspired me…
- What blogging goals have you set for 2018?
I have set a few goals for this year: Definitely blog more than I did last year and learn to find inspiration wherever I go. Improve my photography, and build up more friendships within the community.
- What is one thing you would like to do this year?
This year I really want to push myself out of my comfort zone. I seem to find new comfort zones everywhere I go so I would love to find my limits this year and do things that scare me.
- What blog post are you most proud of writing and why?
I think I’m most proud of the initial posts I did on some books. I haven’t really had the chance to read many books last year but one of my resolutions for 2018 is to make the time to read so hopefully more of those are on the way, but I had a lot of positive feedback on those and that was the initial theme of my blog.
- What is your favourite media platform? (e.g. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook)
It has to be either Twitter or Instagram! I love posting photos on Instagram and almost building up a portfolio and then looking back, but I also love Twitter because it has such a community feel and has been really great for engaging with other bloggers!
- What is one boxset you would recommend watching?
Ooooh does Friends count? I am SUCH a huge Friends fan omigosh, I don’t know what to say about it, it’s so funny please just watch it!
- Tell me one weird fact about yourself
I love unicorns. So so much. It’s been my go-to fancy dress option, friends and family have kitted me out with all things unicorn, I just love them!
- What tips would you give to other bloggers, that have helped you?
Persevere I think. It’s difficult and daunting when you first set out blogging because there are some really talented and accomplished people out there, but it’s important t remember that you are unique and it takes time to put your own little stamp on the blogging world. Support others, because you will get the support back and that’s how you engage with others. And enjoy what you do. Only write and post about things that you want to do, and be confident in yourself and in your skills. 🙂
I nominate the following 11:
The questions I would like you to answer are…
- What made you start blogging?
- What is your favourite blog post from another blogger?
- What is one thing you have always wanted to blog about but never have?
- Where is one place you want to travel?
- What is your hidden talent?
- What is the most interesting fact you know?
- Could you give up social media for a week?
- Favourite childhood programme?
- What is one thing that you regret?
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- What is your best piece of life advice?
I thoroughly enjoyed writing this post, and I can’t wait to see everybody’s responses and tags!!